June

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am thankful for dinner with my family.

Last night I made Shrimp Scampi for dinner and it was soooo good. The recipe is from Barefoot Contessa and I highly recommend it! Open a nice bottle of Chenin Blanc from South Africa - my friend Nic deWet's Arabella of course!


Ingredients:

Olive Oil

Kosher Salt

Box of Linguini

3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter

2 1/2 Tablespoons good Olive Oil

4 Cloves Minced Garlic

1 pound large shrimp

Freshly ground black pepper

Fresh Parsley

1/2 Lemon, Zest Grated

(2 Lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice

Thinly sliced lemon half-rounds for garnish

Hot Red Pepper Flakes

Directions:

Drizzle oil in large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook al dente. Meanwhile, in another large, heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic! Add the shrimp, salt, pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.

Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. Add cooked, drained pasta and toss well.

Note: I add broccoli to my pasta water to add a vegetable and I think I will start adding artichokes in the future.

Great weeknight dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment