June

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Linguini with Brooklyn Red Clam Sauce



Last night I made my infamous Clam Linguini - really, it is that good. It has been a weeknight staple in our house since 2003. The ingredients are always on hand in my pantry and it takes a whopping 15 minutes to make. Bon Appetit!

1 Box of Linguini

Olive Oil

2 Garlic Cloves, smashed and peeled

2 (6 oz) cans chopped clams, with their juice

1/4 cup dry white wine

1 cup crushed tomatoes (I only use Furmano's)

1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes

Fresh Ground Pepper/Kosher Salt

Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley

1 Tbsp cold unsalted butter

Boil your pasta with Kosher Salt and Olive Oil

Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a deep skillet, heat Olive Oil and add the garlic. Slowly cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Add the clams with their juice, wine, tomatoes, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir, reduce the heat to a simmer until slightly thickened. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Add chopped parsley, butter and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cover while cooking for another few minutes.

Serve it up y'all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm emailing that to me as we speak...I must try this! I like your receipe posts!

    ReplyDelete